It’s Friday, what better day to check out our five fun facts about the talent industry!
1. Talent often work to set hours, ensuring their wellbeing is taken care of at all times. For example, in the state of Victoria children working in TV and Film under the age of 3 can only work a maximum of 4 hours per day. Breaks are also given at regular intervals to ensure stars don’t over do it.
2. If talent are selected to work on a TV series, Film or project for an extended period of times tutors will be hired to teach on set so their learning never stops! So sorry kids, no getting out of school 🙂
3. The principal may have to approve talent’s absence from school so kids can go be stars! This ensures they know what the kids are up to during school hours and can ensures their schooling is always a top priority.
4. If talent live far away or are under a particular age travel time to the location will be taken into consideration. This ensures talent will be booked into hotels so they can wake up fresh and ready to go for the next day!
5. For younger talent, employers will try to schedule shots around their sleep times, and often a nurse will be present on set to assist with younger children. So, as a parent support is always within hands reach for you.
Lights, camera, safety! It’s all about creating a safe, supportive and positive working experience for children in the entertainment industry.
We hope you enjoyed this little insight into the talent industry and if you have any suggestions for future blogs, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org