Recently our talent have been booking lots of runway shows, we know this can be a daunting for a first-timer so here our top tips from the Casting Department!
- Wear comfortable, well fitting shoes. This way you will feel confident that you can stride down the catwalk without incident!
- Think about your posture – stand tall with your shoulders back
- Let your arms relax naturally by your side
- Pace yourself – take your time and don’t rush
- Look up and straight ahead at all times
- Make sure you take a long pause at the end of the runway
- Remember you are there to show off the garment
- Be confident!
One of our members, Jake, recently shared his experience walking in the Kidz Fashion Week runway –
‘My experience on the Catwalk was fantastic! Not only up on stage but behind the scenes as well. Being in front of the cameras, lights and audience was so much fun. Walking up and down the runway knowing that everyone is cheering you on is such a good feeling. I made lots of friends backstage and the clothes I wore were awesome!
This was my first time on stage and I loved the whole experience. I can’t wait to do it again!’